Technically I am writing this post about three weeks late! I saw this on another pregnancy blog and thought it was a neat idea, so I'm going to be retroactive and post my version.
Most exciting moment...
Hands down seeing the baby on the ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat whooshing away was the most exciting moment. Seeing the baby on the screen made the whole thing 100% real. Both of us got a little choked up and overwhelmed (in the best way possible), and it was definitely a turning point in our lives and marriage. Not that we didn't feel like a team before (we literally refer to ourselves at "Team Lilly" haha), but it made our bond that much closer.
Most challenging moment...
While this isn't really a "moment" it was hard to keep the pregnancy a secret at times! Particularly when talking about babies with girlfriends and getting the question, "When are you and Ben going to start trying?" haha
One thing I'm proud of...
Continuing to maintain a healthy lifestyle! I truly believe the fact that I eat well, exercise five days a week, and finding opportunities to be social and foster relationships played a big role in feeling pretty great for the first trimester.
One thing I wish were different...
I spent a lot of time over-analyzing every tweak and change and was super paranoid that we'd have a miscarriage (hence waiting a while before we started telling people). I don't know that it really took anything way from the experience or made it "bad", but it would be nice not to be a worrier about that sort of thing.
Favorite food...
Cheese! Cereal! Sweets! Dill Pickles! (note that this doesn't really vary much from my non-pregnant favorites...haha) I also went through a phase of wanting baked potatoes and Caesar salad all the time.
Least favorite food...
Tomatoes floating in soup and meat (due to texture). (No worries-- I still get lots of protein from vegetarian sources and do eat a little meat on occasion)
My physical state included...
Middle of the night wake-ups, increased thirst, and other stuff that's too personal to mention in a public forum. ;-)
Symptoms I (thankfully) didn't have...
Morning sickness/nausea, significant fatigue, heartburn, roller coaster emotions, frequent headaches, and probably a host of other first trimester symptoms.
One thing that surprised me...
Lack of morning sickness and how long it takes for a baby belly to start showing!
Looking forward to...
Finding out if we are having a boy or a girl, and growing a big round belly!
