With just about two months to go until Max's due date I'm happy to report that the midwife said everything still looks perfect with the pregnancy! My weight gain is right on track (I've packed on about 20 pounds), the gestational diabetes test came back great (one point over the "low" range!), my iron levels are fantastic, and Max's heart rate is awesome (165 bpm at this week's appointment), and my belly size is on track. I'll be headed back to the midwife's office for another check-up in two weeks.
I tried to catch some of Max's movements on camera this week, but of course he stopped about three seconds after I started recording. Silly baby. I'll keep trying to catch him in action so I can hopefully post a video sometime soon!
One fun belly-related tidbit is that I'm starting to be able to discern some of Max's body parts from the outside! I have had guesses of what I'm feeling from the inside, but outside it's all been fairly generic thus far. There have been a few times when I have felt a small, hard lump up by my rib (sometimes it feels like it's under my rib!) or at the base of my sternum. I am pretty sure this is a foot! I've also felt a bigger, hard lump near the middle and sometimes the side of my belly. My guess is that it's either a knee or his little tushie. :-)
Here is what Max is up to this week:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.