Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Overdue, Day 1: Growing and Changing

As we wait for Max to arrive I thought I might do a few miscellaneous posts. It may not be everyday, though, so just because you don't see a post don't assume I'm in labor. ;-)

After I added the 40 week belly photo to the belly photos page I was shaking my head at how much my body has changed over the past nine months! It's like a completely different person's body. The changes are most obvious if you look at them with space between each photo (versus consecutive weeks). Check out these photos shown in ten week increments, for example:



It's also pretty funny to look back to 20 weeks and recall that I thought I looked sooooo pregnant. Little did I know I was still in the "she ate too many cupcakes" stage of pregnancy! Thus far I've gained about 28 pounds and my waist has expanded by about 13 inches. Let me tell you, I can certainly feel every one of those 13 inches. The skin near my belly button has recently started to sting a little because it is so stretched, and my belly button is non-existent. It will be interesting to see if and how much more Max and I grow!