As soon as I saw the video I remembered sitting in the hospital bed in our dim, quiet room holding my newborn baby. Ben was either asleep or snoozing and there were no visitors, nurses, or doctors bustling in and out. I remember feeling in awe of the fact that just 24 hours earlier this precious little baby was inside me. You can hear the tiredness in my voice after only getting an intermittent night's sleep, and after being awake for nearly 40 hours laboring, delivering, and hosting visitors. I am so, so glad I decided to grab my phone that morning to capture this sweet moment with my newborn baby, and to record the mix of exhaustion and happiness in my voice. Our lives have changed so much since that morning, and it is remarkable to see how much Max's face has already changed.
After I found the video I immediately showed Ben and then burst into tears saying, "We have a baaaaaabyyyy!" hahaha He truly is a dream come true.