Monday, February 25, 2013

Dear Max: Sunday Morning

Dear Max,

Sunday morning was a time I hope I never forget. I don't have any physical pictures, but I have tried to burn the images in to my brain and record it here so that maybe I can remember our sweet morning one day in the future. Dad is training for a marathon and was out doing a 23 mile training run, and you and I were home with colds. I expected it to be a low key morning with both of us feeling sort of puny, but we ended up creating some of my favorite memories.

As I was changing the sheets on our bed, I laid you in the middle and let the sheet billow up in the air and fall down on you softly. You would squeal and laugh with delight and had a huge, beautiful gummy smile on your face. Your little legs pumped with excitement and you reached your hands up in the air as high as you could to try and catch the sheet as it fell on your little body. A few times I dove in under the sheet so I could see your sweet face as the sheet came down. You looked in to my eyes with love and happiness and reached out to touch my cheek as though you wanted me to know how much fun you were having.

Once the bed was made up we snuggled and "wrestled" around on top of the covers. I'd scoop you up in my arms and rock back and forth before gently plopping you down on the bed and smothering you with kisses. You would giggle and make all kinds of noise as you tried to grab me and mouth me back, taking in big excited breaths as I scooped you up over and over again.

After a while we laid on the bed together with you on my belly and you pushed up on my chest and alternated "talking" to me and nuzzling my neck for a while. I found my heart growing as each minute passed and held you a bit tighter so I could soak in how small you are as I know it won't be this way for long.

Max, you are such a special little boy and I tell your Dad how much I love you no less than 100 times a day. Sometimes I can't believe you are ours. You are so perfect and I am so thankful that you have made our little family complete.

I love you!

Love,
Mom