Wednesday, July 3, 2013

First Haircut

Max was born with a head full of hair that has filled in and grown quite a bit over the past nine months. Ben has been rallying for a haircut for weeks as there were lots of random long hairs in the front, and it hung over his ears at least a good half inch. I was reluctant to cut off his "newborn baby hair" as it meant my tiny little baby was turning in to a boy! Sniff!

I finally came to terms with the fact that Max was starting to look a bit disheveled at times with all his crazy hair, so we decided to give him a little trim on the back porch.

A "before" of the front (we forgot to pull the hair in front of his ears for this shot...)



Max sat in Ben's lap and I started to try and trim the front; however, Max was more interested in the scissors and got really wiggly. I ran in and got some Cheerios to distract Max and Ben did a "sneak attack" of trimming from behind Max while I sang songs and doled out Cheerios. We swapped jobs near the end to finish up some "tapering" behind his ears as his haircut was beginning to look a bit mullet-like.





Here are some of the trimmings. You can see how long this hair was that was clipped from above his ear! I scattered it in to the wind and told Max a bird would use his hair in its nest.  :-)



It started raining as we were finishing up the haircut, so the "after" photos were taken after Max's bath.

Left side of his head... "Nice job, Mom and Dad. You're real pros."



Right side of his head.... "Ehh... don't quit your day jobs."