When I woke up in the morning, both Dad and Mom came in singing a "Happy Birthday" song. I was kind of confused about why they were both there and why they were singing, but it was fun to get extra hugs and snuggles. After nursing and getting dressed I headed downstairs to play and wait for breakfast while Mom and Dad got dressed.
They put me in my highchair and in the middle of breakfast Mom started getting all excited saying, "It's almost 7:04am! It's almost been EXACTLY one year!!" The next thing I knew Dad was wiping my face and taking off my bib, and everyone gathered around my chair with a clock to take a picture of the exact moment I turned one. Silly parents...
When I got to daycare there was a sign on the door wishing me a happy birthday! Everyone sang to me when I came in and I clapped. I was so happy to see Ms. Sondra and Ms. Vickie and all my friends.
Mom came to pick me up a little early and we got to hang out at home and play and eat snacks.
After Dad finished up work we almost went out for an ice cream! But.... Mom and Dad were worried about getting back for dinner and bedtime (I'm a grump if I don't get to bed on time) so they broke in to the M&Ms for my party as a treat instead (they were celebrating making it through their first year of parenthood).
Mom made me all of my favorite foods for dinner (yogurt, sweet potatoes, bananas, and cheese). You can ignore those green things she put on my plate. I just threw them around like confetti (you know, to be festive!).
Before bedtime Grandpa and Amma called! I got to do a video chat with them which was fun since they live far away. After all that fun, I got to play in the bath and snuggle with Mom and Dad before bed. Turning one sure is tiring!
Since we got hung up on my actual birthday, Mom was able to take me to the playground a few days later before she started work. I had fun riding in the stroller down to the playground, swinging on swings, rocking on the duck.
When I woke up Saturday morning I couldn't believe my eyes! Dad and Mom had stayed up late and put up all kinds of decorations. They told me we were going to have all of our family and friends over for a big robot-themed party to celebrate ME! I was really sweet and did a great job playing and staying mostly out from underfoot while they put the final touches on decorations and food. I even showed them what a big boy I am by taking a morning nap!
Here's a look at the set-up:
Next thing I knew our house was filling up. I had so much fun hugging everyone, and got excited that people kept saying, "Happy Birthday, Max!" It was so neat having all my favorite people in one place. We ate lunch and then I got to play with my best friend, Saskia! She even wore a fancy dress and headband for my party.
There were lots of colorful packages on the hearth and Mom and Dad helped me open them. I couldn't believe how many fun and thoughtful gifts people brought just for me! It was so fun to see all my new toys, books, and clothes. People must know I'm smart because some people contributed to my college fund, too. I'm one lucky boy to have so many thoughtful people in my life!
I wanted to keep playing with my toys, but they put me back in my highchair and stuck a hat on my head. Everyone got right in front of me taking pictures and singing, and Mom came over with a cake. It was kind of confusing, but all the grown-ups seemed to be having a good time.
Mom put a chocolate cupcake on my tray and for some reason everyone got really excited to watch me eat it. I just ate my cupcake normally though, and didn't do anything crazy. It's almost like they wanted me to be all messy!
After getting cleaned up I played with everyone some more, and showed off my budding walking skills pushing my walker around. It was pretty awesome. I was starting to get worn out, but didn't want the party to end. I sat down on the couch with Mom after the final guests went home and fell sound asleep a few minutes later.
Well, that's about it! I had SO much fun turning one and I am doing a good job keeping Mom and Dad on their toes as I head in to toddlerhood. I hope to see you soon!
Love,
Max
.jpg)
