Thursday, February 6, 2020

January 2020

It's been a fun start to the new year! We don't have too many photos to share, but here's what we have...

I've recently been able to adjust my work schedule so that I can pick-up Max at 3:00 carpool on Friday's. We've been enjoying our first few Friday afternoons together!



Max received origami paper for his birthday last fall and we recently checked out some origami books from the library. Max made these with minimal help - impressive!



Playing with Dad's childhood Star Wars figurines. :-)


This is Max's favorite outfit right now. He wore it day after day in the last week of winter break, and complained when I "made him" take a break from it because it needed to be washed. :-)


 Max received a sewing kit for his birthday last fall, and we had fun making a little stuffed monster! (Previously we made a monster wallet.)


All the cars lined up for the Pinewood Derby!


We celebrated Erich, Heather, and Grammie's birthdays which all happen over the course of about a month!



Max was really excited to receive a drivers license! 


Hard work pays off! Max's car came in second place among the Tigers (i.e., Dens with first graders). He was so proud (just look at that smile!) and told us that the trophy is made of real gold. :-)


Here are some videos from Pinewood Derby. Each car got four runs -- one in each position on the track. Each Scout competed against his peer age group, so the cars he's racing aren't necessarily the people with which he was competing. I believe they took the average of the four scores to determine final rankings. I (Laura) volunteers to help put the cars on the ramp. We had to be precise about it, and it ended up being really fun!