Tuesday, January 18, 2022

December 2021

Unfortunately December started on a sad note as my sweet Nana passed away on December 1. I (Laura) was scheduled to go up for a visit and ended up moving my flight up when her health took a turn. Sadly, I arrived two hours after she passed away. To the positive, I was able to spend time at her house, got to see a few of her friends, and spend time with Dad, Nancy, Uncle Rich, and Aunt Becky.

Sunrise from the airplane!


Sweet photos of Nana and Pa when they were young!




While I was away, I sent this photo of Penny to Ben with a note that said, "Good night, Max!"

And they replied with this photo of Max that said, "Good night, Penny!" Hahaha


Out to dinner in New Hampshire! (I'm laughing that the perspective in this photo looks like Dad is about to hit his head on the ceiling - haha!)


In happier news....

Max loving on Charlie at Christmas!


We got a visit from Valerie who was home from Iceland and getting ready to head to Norway for her next semester of grad school! (Note Lucy posing for our photo on the right)


Cousins!


Valerie brought Max a cool Iceland jersey and book about the Icelandic Yule Lads (they don't have Santa in Iceland!) and knitted him a hat!



Playtime with Lucy!




Studying for Science Olympiad with a mug of hot chocolate! I wonder if we'll have another version of this photo in 10 or 11 years with coffee and college flashcards. :-)


Hot cocoa bomb with Grandmommy!



DeAnne painted this beautiful wolf picture, and the Parks-Evans crew made a donation to the International Wolf Center in Max's honor. He loved it! 


Christmas with Grammie!


We were on a walk and realized Max is already up to Heather's shoulder!


Max protecting the family on a walk!



Excited about new running gloves from Erich and Heather!


Grammie gives everyone toothpaste for Christmas each year, and Max had fun making a big joke of it as we each unwrapped our annual toothpaste!



We got Max a new bike for Christmas! His old bike looks so small in comparison -- Max wanted to take a side by side photo.



Christmas morning breakfast!


Enjoying his new wolf blanket, wolf slippers, and mythology encyclopedia on Christmas morning.





Proud to have picked out thoughtful gifts for Daddy!





As always, Santa left a letter and bell for Max to ring to alert Mom and Dad!



Christmas Eve photo by Max





Cookies and milk for Santa, and carrots for the reindeer.



Brunch with the Winiarski family while Steve's brother John and his girlfriend Christy were in town! I think everyone is looking out the window because John and Christie's dog was chasing squirrels - ha!


Playdate with Max's friend Aman who was teaching Max how to do Cat's Cradle with yarn.


Visiting Santa!







Birthday party for Kirsten and Natalia!


Annual Waffle House breakfast and Christmas shopping with Mom!


Excited to have picked out some Zumba Wii games and a bracelet (that he bought with his own money!) for Mom!




Ben and Max went to a Christmas parade / festival while I was in New Hampshire!


Max's favorite part of the festival was visiting the library's Book Mobile. Ha!



Max did a great job performing Minuet in G for his first piano recital!


Thanks to the Hedges for coming to fill out Max's cheering section!