Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Max's First Play Date

My friend Vanessa who lives outside of Seattle was recently in town to visit her parents, and we had an opportunity to get together and catch up! Vanessa and I went to college together, were in the same sorority, and danced in the local ballet company together. With nearly all of the same extracurricular activities and living in the sorority house together we became great friends. I haven't seen her in five or six years (at least!) because she moved to North Carolina after graduation, and then out to Seattle when her husband got a new job. Last December she gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Evelyn who came along for the trip! Her husband, Nate, unfortunately could not make it as he is on an international business trip.

Vanessa and I had a great time catching up and meeting each others babies. It's hard to believe we're both moms! At one point both babies were squeaking/crying and we were just walking around the house bouncing babies in our arms and talking loudly over their cries. It was so much fun to spend time together in this new phase of life. If only we lived closer together!

Evelyn is the first baby Max has met, so I guess it counts as his first play date! Too bad he slept through the entire thing. ;-)

Max (1 month old) and Evelyn (9 1/2 months old)



Moms and babies!!