Thursday, September 6, 2012

Overdue, Day 9: Big Boy

First, the answer to the question I know you're all wondering (read the website address): http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

Haha!

We had a midwife appointment this afternoon and we did the biophysical profile ultrasound. They said everything looks great, and they estimate that Max weighs 8.8 pounds! The ultrasound technician mentioned that the weight estimates can be off by as much as 20%. In any case, it sounds like we're going to have a big boy. 

Since everything looked good on the ultrasound we were cleared to wait it out a little longer and see if labor starts on its own. We have another midwife appointment and non-stress test (same one I had done earlier this week) scheduled for Monday, September 10 at 3:20pm. If it doesn't seem like labor is about to start then we will be admitted to the hospital on Monday night for induction and Max will be born sometime on Tuesday, September 11. 

Based on an exam the midwife did during the appointment, it unfortunately doesn't seem like I'm making much progress on my own at this point. Hopefully that will change, though, so we can all meet this baby sooner than later! I'd also really, really like to labor at home as much as possible since it's a familiar and comfortable setting, there is no hustle and bustle, lots of privacy, etc. If we end up having to be induced the entire labor will be spent in a hospital room. 

Given that Ben and I are so schedule-oriented you'd think we'd love the idea of knowing exactly when he's going to be born. However, this is one time when we are both craving spontaneity and really hope labor begins on its own. Hopefully we will see some action in the next four days! We'll keep you posted.